In addition to removing plaque and tartar build-up, Berdy Dental Group provides topical and chemical treatments for patients battling periodontal disease. Our dentists use ARESTIN®to isolate and fight off infection within the gum tissue. Discover the many ways ARESTIN®can help here, then call our office at 904-389-1376to see if this treatment is right for you.
ARESTIN®(minocycline hydrochloride) is an antibiotic treatment for periodontal disease. The treatment comes in the form of a powder which contains microspheres (tiny particles that are smaller than grains of sand) filled with medication. The powder is placed inside infected periodontal pockets following a scaling and root planing procedure. Microspheres release the antibiotic medication gradually, actively fighting periodontal disease for 30 days. Within 90 days of your treatment, ARESTIN®can produce significantly better results than a scaling and root planing treatment alone.
After you have received a periodontal treatment using ARESTIN®, we recommend that you:
- Avoid touching the treated areas of your gums for one week
- Avoid flossing or using toothpicks in the treated areas for 10 days
- Avoid eating hard, crunchy, or sticky foods for one week following treatment
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated
- Limit your smoking and use of other tobacco products which hinder the healing process
- Attend all follow-up appointments to ensure that your gum disease remains under control
- Continue to brush and floss regularly to keep your teeth and gums clean and control the harmful bacteria and plaque in your mouth as ARESTIN®is most effective when it is incorporated as part of a consistent oral hygiene routine.
If you think ARESTIN®may be the right fit for your needs, please call our office at 904-389-1376 and schedule a consultation. We’re here to help.