Laser Gum Therapy (LANAP)
Patients who need periodontal treatment, but are wary of traditional surgery, should consider the LANAP® treatment offered by Berdy Dental Group. Our dentists can provide a more gentle and comfortable treatment through this laser-assisted gum therapy. Educate yourself about this procedure, then call 904-389-1376 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Christian Berdy or Dr. Cary Berdy.
LANAP® (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure) is a patented laser gum treatment for periodontal disease. With LANAP® therapy, our dentists and team use a soft tissue laser to eliminate diseased tissue and bacteria in your mouth. We then remove calculus and plaque from the tooth roots to eliminate the source of harmful bacteria. Once that’s complete, we utilize the laser again to finish sterilizing and cleaning the periodontal pocket. The connective gum tissue is then placed back over the area to begin the healing process.
LANAP® gum treatment has many benefits, including:
- Easy to perform – there is no cutting or suturing involved in this procedure
- Less discomfort – the treatment is more comfortable than traditional gum procedures, both during and after your treatment
- Faster treatment time – the treatment requires fewer visits and less chair time
- Quicker recovery – LANAP® is minimally invasive, leading to a much swifter recovery than traditional gum surgery
- Better long-term results – the treatment does not involve any major loss of gum tissue and does not remove bone tissue
- Safe and hygienic – LANAP® therapy is very hygienic, and is generally safe for individuals with pre-existing medical conditions
Learn if LANAP® therapy is right for you. Call our Jacksonville office at 904-389-1376 to schedule a consultation to discuss your periodontal treatment options with our dentists.